Sexual assault impacts all communities, including college campuses. About 1 in 4 females, 1 in 6 males, and 1 in 2 transgender people experience some form of sexual abuse/violence in their life time. This April there are a number of campus and community events going on bringing awareness to this important issue. The OVA, Office of Victim Assistance, is a place of support for you if you or someone you care about has recently or in the past been impacted by sexual assault/abuse/violence. OVA offers free and confidential counseling, support, and advocacy. Please call 303-492-8855 or email.
- April 4th - Going Beyond Compliance with Collaboration: Victim Support and Title IX Investigations at CU Boulder, 9-10am, C4C Flatiron’s room. Please sign up
- April 12th- With Pleasure, facilitated by Health Promotions, sponsor Gender & Sexuality Center, 6-7pm, C4C N450, A one-hour workshop on healthy communication, safer sex practices, and sex positivity
- April 13th- For the Health of it: Using Yoga to Support Trauma Recovery, 2-3:30, UMC 416
- April 17-21- CU Boulder’s Denim Days, hosted by the Gender Justice League
- 4/18-20 Denim Display will be up on Norlin Quad from 10a-4p
- 4/17 Bake Sale 11-3PM outside of ATLAS (proceeds to go to MESA)
- 4/19 Silent Vigil at the Denim Display on Norlin Quad 12:45-1p
- 4/20 Conversation at the Cottage 3:30-4:30 PM in WGST Cottage - "Building a More Inclusive Movement to Combat Gendered Violence"
- April 20th- Sexpressions: the WRC’s an annual talent showcase celebrating positive expression of women’s sexuality (trans and gender non-conforming inclusive), 7pm, UMC 235
- April 26th- National Denim Day, Everyone wear jeans!
- April 27-28- Safe Shelter’s Symposium on Domestic Violence
- April 30th- 17th Annual Canine Classic 5K run/walk with dogs: Fundraiser for Moving to End Sexual Assault, Boulder County’s Sexual Assault Resource Center